Stargazing is a wonderful exercise and you may have seen many stargazers at night making their observations through their telescopes and other such equipment. In this article we will share with you some important details about stargazing. The purpose behind these details is to motivate the ordinary people towards stargazing and to make them realize that as average people they can also enjoy this wonderful activity.
First of all let us be very clear to you that amateur astronomy is no rocket science. You do not need to think that since you have no knowledge about astronomy and since you do not possess any professional degree in the subject hence you cannot do it. Well get rid of this thinking as for stargazing or amateur astronomy you do not need to be a professional. All it requires from you is little interest in the subject that’s all.
The Tools Required:
There are many tools or equipment that is necessary as far as stargazing is concerned. Some of these tools are as follows
- Telescopes: For enjoying the universe and for proper observation you require a quality telescope for sure. The magnification power of a telescope is more than a normal binocular. Through a telescope you can get a better insight on the various objects which you see in the skies. Our personal advice to you is that if you have the budget then go for a branded telescope as cheap ones create a lot of issues and trouble. Celestron NexStar 130 SLT and Celestron NexStar 4SE hybrid telescope are some of the most popular telescopes.
- Binoculars: If you think that an investment like telescope will be too much for you then in such a case we would recommend that you should purchase for yourself the binoculars. A good thing about sky watching binoculars is that they are portable hence easy to carry. Moreover they are pretty less expensive especially when compared with a telescope. Oberwerk Mariner 8×40 and Celestron SkyMaster 25×100 are the preferred binoculars.
- Software: For proper mapping out of the sky, you surely require a sky watching software. The software is utilized for the printing of sky charts and it also helps in better observation of sky objects. Starry Night Pro is a popular sky watching software in this regard.
Some Basic Accessories that is Necessary:
It would not be possible here to give you exact details of each and every accessory hence we are just summarizing the accessories here. The list is as follows
- An observing chair is necessary for you
- A folding camp table can be of great help
- Try to get a red-light flashlight for yourself
- Get a storage battery and preferable is Orion Dynamo Power Tank
- Try to avail a dust cloak as it protects the telescope
- Get a belt pack for yourself
If you are serious about amateur astronomy and stargazing then this article is compulsory for you to read.